Australia is one of the desired country for pursuing higher education. Last year more than 1,00,000 students from India enrolled to study in Australia. There is also a report that 46% of Indian parents prefer Australia to send their children for studying abroad. This Oceanic country is very scenic and also attracts many tourists. Some of the most popular Australian cities among international students are Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane.
You need to score a minimum band of 6.5 in IELTS to obtain an admission in Australia. IELTS is a compulsory eligibility criteria and you should take up this test before starting to apply to Australian universities.
Now let’s look at top 8 reasons for studying in Australia:
- Experienced Faculty – You can find many universities in Australia which date back to a century. The faculties are best in the world and would give you an excellent exposure during your tenure of study.
- Lower Unemployment Rate – Once you finish graduating, you would definitely wish to get a well-paid job. The chances of getting an employment is very high in Australia. There are several opportunities available for graduates.
- Work during Study Visa – You would be allowed to work part-time during your course and full-time during your vacations. However there is a 20 hour per week limitation for working. If you have have prior work experience, you can search for jobs in the same department and start working – part-time or full-time.
- Scholarship Options – There are many scholarships and awards distributed by the Australian Government. Government invests around 200 million dollars per year in scholarship program for international students to study in tertiary institutions across the country. Additionally many universities offer full or half waiver of the fees for international students.
- Higher GDP – Gross Domestic Product is a very critical determinant for identifying the best economies. The GDP of Australia is higher than that of India – assuring you that the salary would also be higher.
- Several areas of interest – Whether you wish to graduate inmusic or dance, food or hospitality management – Australia has the exact tailor-made course pertaining to your interest. You can apply to your course of interest in your preferable university.
- Vibrant Cities – The cities in Australia are very charming and the inhabitants are very friendly. There are several high-ranking universities spread all across the country. The country has various tourist destinations – Great Barrier Reef, Sydney Opera House, and Kangaroo Island.
- Post Study VISA – You will get allured by the various options for working after completing your studies. Upon completion, you get a 2 year Temporary Residency or work visa. This would help you out in the initial phase of settling down in the country.
You wish to know more details about studying in Australia and to start your application right away, click on Planet Education – Your right education consultant